MeeGo v1.2 SDK
Release date: May 19, 2011
The MeeGo 1.2 SDK release provides the latest tools for creating and debugging MeeGo applications for tablets, netbooks, and handheld devices. The Qt Creator-based development environment with integrated help, along with Qt Simulator, and a full virtual machine (QEMU), enables the developer to create applications ready for submission to an appstore, with or without target hardware.
- Windows 7 (32bit), Windows XP (32bit)
- Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 (32bit and 64bit)
- Fedora 13, 14 (32bit)
For QEMU, the host system needs to be a modern platform with VT support and good graphics capabilities. Check your systems capabilities by following these instructions.
Download and Install
For instructions and reference documentation, see:
- SDK Wiki
- MeeGo API (docs still being reviewed)
- Platform API (docs still being created)
- Recorded Bugs
- The examples and demos are installed when Desktop Qt or Simulator is installed. They cannot be installed separately.
- Emulator limitation to run targets (a. Netbook 1.2 : No GL acceleration on both Windows and Linux. No sound support on both Linux and Windows, b. Netbook 1.1.2 : No GL acceleration on Windows, c. Tablet 1.2 : GL on both Linux and Windows but no sound support)
- Handset 1.2 has only ARM version and no emulator support