This guide walks through the very basics of creating a Qt Quick application. It is here as an introduction for those who have never created a Qt Quick application.
Create a Qt Quick application
- Install the MeeGo SDK. This will install the Qt SDK and Qt Quick tools, including Qt Designer. During installation, include Qt Simulator (default options), a rapid debugging tool especially useful for QtQuick application development
- Start Qt Creator
- Create the Qt Quick GUI application from a template: File > New File or Project > Qt Quick Project > Qt Quick Application
- Specify a name and location for your project
- Select the Qt Simulator toolchain to build your application. For more details on using the Qt Simulator, see Using Qt Simulator with the MeeGo SDK. When you get further into your project development you can switch the toolchain to the MeeGo tablet (or other installed SDK Target so that your appliation can be deployed in an application store
- When finished, Qt Creator shows the project loaded. The main.qml file is displayed. The 16 lines of QML code are all that is needed for a simple Hello World application.
- Run the new application using Qt Simulator. If you have installed the Qt Simulator with the SDK and selected the Qt Simulator toolchain (step #5 above) then you can now launch your applicatoin with the Qt Simulator. To do this, click the Run icon.